Onpage SEO affects the ranking of the search engines, the algorithms update regularly, so have the Onpage SEO techniques changed? This article will share with you 16 important factors for Google to better understand the content on your page.
When you identify the target keywords for each page and apply the right onpage techniques, your organic search traffic will grow significantly.
- Use SEO-friendly short URLs
- Title – Attractive title containing keywords
- Meta Description tag as an attractive advertisement
- Use heading tags H1, H2, H3
- Add media types: Video, Image, Infographic, Slide
- Put keywords in the first 100 words of the article
- Reasonable keyword density
- Use responsive design
- Use internal linking
- Use Outbound Links
- Increase page load speed guaranteed 3-5s
- Use synonyms in content taken from google search suggestions (LSI)
- Optimizing image SEO
- Use social sharing buttons
- Post 1500+ words long articles
- Increase time on site
Now Google not only considers Onpage SEO factors when ranking articles, It considers a lot of other factors like Social Media Signals, Backlinks, Domain Authority and many more, Search Learn more about Google ranking factors at: 205 Google ranking factors.
The goal of this article is to share how to optimize on a specific website, for example, your article so that the article is applied onpage technique but still must ensure that the natural element does not affect. to the flow of the sentence (without tripping when putting the target keywords in the text) does not affect the reader but still has to meet the criteria that Google recognizes the target keyword and brings visitors to Friend.
Latest search ranking factors:
As you can see a lot has changed over the years, the list of important ranking factors above shows us clearly, Offpage SEO is very important, but it is impossible not to perform Onpage SEO optimization because The golden rule still applies:
CONTENT IS KING.
16 important Onpage SEO factors and how to optimize
Before sharing these factors, I want to remind you to focus on two groups of particularly important information:
- Fast loading speed of 3-5 seconds is especially important
- The page is free of 404, 50x server errors
- Responsive interface for different devices like Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
- Simple easy navigation
- The right ads don’t obscure the content, not too much
Useful content has high informational value and attractive presentation
- In-depth on your topic
- Exploit and expand information on the topic
- More pillar articles (Pillar Content)
- Present engaging content, use Copywriting techniques
- The tutorials have many ways to present information such as: Text, images, Video, Infographic, etc.
- Large font that is easy to read over 15px, segments using separated spaces
The 16 onpage techniques below are applied to any of your pages to optimize your articles.
1. Use SEO-friendly short URLs
Google starts increasing the ranking factor for the first 3-5 words in the URL, so make your URL short and friendly.
- Always add keywords in the URL.
- Avoid using URLs like: https://seothetop.com/p=123
- Or: seothetop.com/8/6/16/cat=SEO/on-page-seo-is-so-amazing-omg-its-the-best
- Which should follow the form: https://seothetop.com/seo-onpage
See more: 9 steps to create SEO-friendly URLs
2. Title – Attractive title containing the target keyword
- Title is the most important onpage element, the keyword closest to the left the more valuable for SEO.
- Besides The title needs to be attractive and attractive to increase CTR.
- Length: <=60 characters, because extra characters won't be seen on the search page
See also: Guide to optimizing Title tags to increase Click rate
3. Meta Description tag
You should add a unique and relevant Meta Description tag to every page on your site
- It is recommended to use the target keyword in the tag 2 times
- Need to write attractive and meaningful friendly meta tags related to the article
- Length should be from 160 – 300 characters
4. Use Heading tags H1, H2, H3
- Use only 1 H1 . tag
- H1 tag contains target keyword
- In the H2, H3 tags are used for each paragraph, showing the important content of the paragraphs
- H2, H3 contain auxiliary keywords, synonyms, related words (LSI)
- However, do not abuse too many H2, H3 tags, should be used appropriately
See more: How to use Heading tags to improve SEO
5. Add media types: Video, Image, Infographic, Slide
- Adding visual content delivery forms helps readers grasp information faster and easier to digest.
- Helps increase time onsite and decrease initial rate, two important ranking factors for user interaction.
- Ability to earn links from other sites.
6. Put keywords in the first 100 words of the article
Putting the target keyword right in the first paragraph naturally and skillfully will help Google easily recognize and understand the main content of the article.
1.5% is a reasonable number because too little is not enough to highlight, too much is attributed to SPAM, keywords should appear at least 3 times in the content, in the first paragraph, in the middle of the article, at the end of the article.
- Over 60% of Internet users use mobile devices
- From the end of 2016 Google has a plan to prioritize page indexing for mobile devices
- 2-3 times in the article leads to related articles on the same topic, helping readers get more information they need
- Contextual linking, in each paragraph of the article using anchor text containing keywords related to the linked article, the linked article has more detailed content of the paragraph, or detailed explanation of the topic The term is in the anchor text.
- Help add information to your article.
10. Use Outbound Links
Your content is more appreciated by Google when linking source to reputable and trusted websites when you use content from those sites, Usually Vietnamese SEOers are very afraid of this for many reasons, afraid that the web being linked to it will be beneficial and it will increase its rank beyond us, or because of selfishness, or because the source does not want readers to believe that it is because of the content they provide. level or for any other reason.
If you are concerned or doubtful about the page that links to, add the rel=”nofollow” attribute to the anchor tag
Improving Page Load Speed is very important to users and search engines
- For users especially on mobile who are impatient because they only have 1 screen unlike on desktop with many tabs, so need Guaranteed loading speed 3-5 s
- With search engines: Will love fast loading sites that will be indexed more by INDEX so they have more chances to show up in Search Engines, and vice versa if slow, they will show less indexed pages.
12. Use synonyms in content taken from google search suggestions (LSI)
Keywords in LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) are keywords that Google suggests for each searched keyword, for example, when searching for the keyword “TU VI”, the LSI keywords are displayed as below. this:
Use these suggested LSI keywords in your target keyword articles, placing them in your content, subheading (H2, H3) or in anchor text if relevant.
13. Image Optimization
The image is resized to a reasonable size, compressed to reduce the size, ensuring 2 factors:
- As compact as possible
- Still sharp enough to convey good information
The keyword appears the name of the image, appears in the ALT attribute because Google does not understand the image, you need to describe the image as detailed as possible.
See more ways to optimize images through the article: 6 simple steps to optimize image SEO
14. Use social sharing buttons
Social media sharing signals are a good ranking factor because only quality, user-valued, impressive, inspirational, fun, and heart-moving content go viral. strong
Google likes long articles, and it’s been determined by statistics that sites with more than 1500 words have a better chance of ranking than those with fewer words on the same topic.
Create valuable quality content, and present it well
High time onsite time Google will like this, because quality content will attract readers.
How to increase the time to stay on the page, find the answer through the article: 15 ways to keep users on the page for a long time
Bonus: Onpage-SEO Infographic:
Wish you do good Onpage SEO optimization for each of your pages to improve traffic from Organic Search source
Dung Hoang, Seothetop
Source link: The 16 most important Onpage SEO factors and how to optimize for Google