Social media marketing is the process of building awareness about you, your product or service through various social media channels.
The ultimate goal of any social media marketing campaign is to drive traffic to your website, increase product visibility, gain more social media followers, or get more customers. row.
The most popular social networks today are: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and Linkedin.
Why is social media marketing important?
Social media marketing is important because:
- It’s the fastest way to spread the word about a new product, service or news – A piece of content on Facebook can rival in minutes and spread its message around the world faster than television or other media. other media
- It’s a trend – Millions of people spend a lot of time on social networks, so if you need them you know how to exploit them.
- It’s the new way of marketing – Back in the old days, marketers discovered many people spent a lot of time driving, so they thought of billboards on the road. Nowadays people are spending a lot of time on social media, for marketing you have to start thinking this way.
- It’s New Influence – Recent studies show that social media is becoming a great sales channel and more and more companies are claiming they get customers from Facebook or Twitter.
Social media marketing tips for beginners
How can you leverage social media channels? How can a beginner build a suitable social media channel?
#1 Decide which social network to use
As a social media beginner, you have to pick one or two social media platforms and focus on those rather than trying to work on all of them at once. This is a mistake many beginners make and they end up quitting without any benefit.
A good way to find out which platform is the best fit for your niche is to find influencers and analyze where they are succeeding.
For example, find out the managers in your niche and check the number of Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Google+ followers, Pinterest followers etc.
If they have 100,000 Facebook fans but only 1,000 Twitter followers, this is a good sign that FB is a better fit for your niche than twitter.
It’s also a sign that you’re more likely to succeed with FB than twitter, so you can use your time more efficiently and engage more in FB than on any other platform.
#2 Optimize your social media profiles
Once you’ve decided which social media tools to use (at least to begin with), the next step is to optimize your bio on those pages. By optimizing your profiles, you increase your chances of getting more followers, and it’s also a great way to boost your SEO efforts.
Some general rules that apply to all websites are:
- Use real photos, show your face – avoid using pictures of animals, places or anything that is not real. Social media is for connecting people and if you want a trustworthy profile you need to get out there and put your face on the web!
- Write a good description of yourself or your company – What is your background or expertise? What are you proud of? Those are the issues you need to mention on your resume.
- Give users instructions on the type of information you will share – While this is not necessary, I prefer to read in a bio what kind of information to expect from a particular person. For example in my twitter profile I wrote: “Love SEO and digital marketing. Follow me to discover what I share.”
- Include a link to your website (if available) – On Facebook there is a link in the ‘About’ section, on Twitter and Pinterest in the ‘Sites section’, on Google+ in the ‘Contributors’ section. In other words, use your social media profiles for SEO purposes.
Those are the tips I get.
3. Connect your website or blog to your social networking sites
Once you have your social media profiles ready the next step is to connect your website to the social networking sites. There is a certain process to follow for each platform, and it is important that you do it correctly.
A precise tie between the two means that search engines and social networking sites know which web page corresponds to which social networking site.
For example, when I created a Google+ page for vietnetgroup.vn, Google+ didn’t know it was the site’s official page until I added the publisher verification code on my website.
#4 Add social buttons on your website
Besides connecting your website to your respective social media business pages, you also need to add social buttons on your website so that your readers can easily share your content.
Depending on the platform there are many ways and plugins to do that, I recommend searching Google by “add social buttons to xxx” – replacing xxx with your website platform.
For example, if you are using wordpress google search for “how to add social buttons to wordpress”.
As a general rule, keep buttons above the fold to increase visibility, and keep in mind that larger buttons get more clicks than smaller buttons.
#5 Find and follow influencers in your industry
So far we have selected the most relevant social media tools for our industry, optimized our social network profiles, connected our website to social media sites and add buttons on our page for more interaction.
The next step is to find people to follow, but most importantly, gradually build our community.
I would say that there are 5 basic steps to get more followers and these are described in points 6-10 below.
Before getting into those 6-10 points, you should find and follow influencers in your industry.
It’s almost certain that they won’t follow you because you have a new account with no followers but doing so is important for 3 reasons:
- The social media platform will use this information to make recommendations on such followers by following celebrities in your industry like telling the social network that you are in the industry too. there.
- When you follow celebrities, people are likely to be followed by others. The trick many people use is to follow celebrities because they know that some people will follow them back.
- They can mostly share important and useful information about the industry so you have a chance to learn something new and share it back with your followers.
#6 Keep a balance between your followers and those you follow
When you start following people, you should remember that it is better to keep a balance between the number of people you follow and the number of people they follow you.
This is important especially in Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest and the reasons are many:
- The software application is using this ratio (who you follow / who follow you) to make a recommendation of ‘followers’ so if you have a very high rate you will minimize your chances of getting New quality followers.
- It’s a matter of trust – Who do you think has a trustworthy profile: someone with 1000 followers but up to 2500 followers or someone with 550 followers 510 people?
- A Better Balanced Profile for SEO – SEOs have previously talked about the importance of Social network for SEO and how things are changing and although unconfirmed, it is more likely that people with stronger social media profiles are in a better position than those with weak profiles.
A strong profile in this case is someone with more followers and someone who is followed by people considered to be industry influencers.
#7 Share interesting content (text, images, videos)
This is the foundation for having a successful social media marketing campaign. When we talk about publishing content, we always say that ‘content is king’ and the same is true in social media.
If you share interesting and useful content, you can get more reshares, more visitors to your website, and in some business terms you get more customers.
What is interesting content? From my experience (and some research), here is a combination:
- Articles/Stories/Pages related to your industry but not just from your own website.
- Interesting statistics about your industry
- Catchy quotes related to your industry or not your industry.
- Pictures and videos
- Funny stuff – whether you like it or not, you can share a funny joke, a funny picture or video every once in a while to make your followers smile.
- Don’t forget about hashtags – hashtags (#) can make your content more searchable, so don’t forget to use hashtags in networks that support it (Twitter, Google+, Facebook).
#8 Post multiple times a day but don’t overdo it
A common question from social media beginners is “how many times per day do I have to post?” The answer depends on the network. There are many studies that analyze the effect of posting frequency, and some of the best practices are:
- Facebook profile – As many times as you want
- Facebook Business Page – No more than 1-2 times per day and no more than 7 times per week.
- Twitter – The more tweets you share, the more visibility you get.
- Google+ Business Pages and Google+ profile pages – as often as you like but don’t overdo this as this can produce opposite results. May even affect SEO
- Pinterest – a few times per day is enough
#9 Don’t forget to follow back
Most people focus on how to get new followers but they forget to follow the people who already follow them.
Every day you should make it a habit to see who has followed you and decide who you will follow back.
If you don’t do this on a regular basis then chances are some people won’t follow you and this is why you may sometimes notice a drop in the number of followers.
#10 Follow the rules and be patient
Social networks have rules to prevent spammers. For example, there is a limit on twitter on how many people you can follow per day; there’s also a limit on Google+ on how many people you can add/remove from your circles, Facebook has its own rules, etc.
This means it can take some time to build up thousands of followers, so you need to be patient and not try to rush into results or by breaking the rules (your account will be banned). suspend) or by spending your money in ‘buy followers or buy twitter’ or anything like that.
Try to spend your time on creating a great social media profile that will follow the timeline and why don’t you think your profile will one day be well positioned in your industry .
When it comes to social media there are two important pillars. The first has to do with setting up your social media profile and the second is about usage i.e. how you use your social media accounts.
For the first pillar, it is important to join networks that are more relevant to your industry and to have a proper connection between your social networking sites and your website.
For the second pillar, it is important to follow the right people, be followed by the right people, and share relevant and interesting content always by respecting the rules of different social networks.
Compilation: Phong Vu
Source link: 10 social media marketing tips for beginners